4 inch rough cut piece of Palo Santo
History of Palo Santo
- Palo Santo - known as "Holy Wood" originated in the Amazon, and was common with the Incas and people of the Andes to cleanse and purify. Palo Santo is naturally fallen wood that lies in the rain forest for 4-10 years before it is harvested. It's medicinal uses are headaches, inflammation, emotional trauma and anxiety.
How to cleanse the energy, or "smudge":
- Light the white sage or Palo Santo and let it catch fire. Extinguish the fire and let the embers smolder (you do not want a flame) allowing the smoke to billow. In each room you choose to clear, open a window to allow negativity to escape. Walk around in a clockwise motion, waving the Palo Santo stick or sage up and down asking for only positivity + light to fill your space.
- Use a bowl, or shell to catch the ashes. Set the ashes outside your front door when cleansing is completed. By removing them from your home, you are removing the negative energy. When cleansing is completed, extinguish by rubbing the Palo Santo or sage into earth.
- The smoke will not harm you or your pets... just be careful not to get it too close to your smoke detector.
- Use the white selenite wand to move smoke, carry it in your bowl/shell, or simply place in your home to promote positive energy. You can also use selenite to re-energize and clear any other stones you may have.